Monday, August 16, 2010

Rhinelander - 2010 edition





We returned to Rhinelander this weekend (see last year) to spend time with my dad and his wife, my sisters and their families. We had perfect weather on Saturday, and I was in bed by 9:15pm. Relaxation was my top priority, and I think I succeeded. Tom even managed to turn his work-brain off for a bit, which he really needed.

Today I will begin my big project, which I plan to share with you along the way. I am so overwhelmed with getting started that so far I have cleared the space, acquired the materials, and then sat back and stared at the empty space on the wall. As if envisioning the finished work will make it materialize faster. Really what I need is a truck to get the final set-up materials, so I might go stand on the corner until someone in a truck is willing to take me to the Home Depot.

Other projects on the horizon are centered around the fall shopping season - my annual calendar (2 sizes!), card sets, prints, and this year - tea towels! Add that to my regular jobby-job and you have one busy bee who loses her breath when climbing stairs and panics when baby doesn't kick all day.

I don't mean to sound smug, but I just realized that this is what having everything you ever wanted feels like.

No comments: