Tuesday, October 13, 2009

working





My studio is a hot mess. I have hoisted my desk/table up on some old paint cans and I think the height makes things seem okay even though the entire room is just a disaster now. I am very sick of the sky blue walls in here too - any color suggestions?

I have an awesome hook-up for leather samples, so I have been trying to get as much out of them as I can. One idea is this wrist pin cushion. The cushions are filled with emery sand to keep your needles sharp, and the leather cuff prevents the needles from poking your delicate skin. They close with velcro and are really comfy to work with. I know when I am sewing, I move from cutting table to sewing machine station and it's a hassle to keep track of the pin cushions. Now I can be stylish and productive all day :) I will be adding them to etsy soon...

2010 CALENDAR ALERT
I am so excited about this year's calendar. I have made the writing area larger, signified the weekends to break the month up visually, and am adding more color to each month. I am also working on a day planner that is pretty sweet, but the logistics are something I still have to figure out.

BON IVER
If you don't know who Bon Iver/Justin Vernon are, please google or itunes search for him/them because it is just the perfect autumn album. I have been a little obsessed with him for some time now, and on Sunday we got to see the final show of his tour! It was a beautiful show, as expected. Sadly, I waited too long to get tickets and we were so far away that Justin was about 2 inches tall. that all turned out okay though because...
wait for it....
I totally got to hang in the green room after the show!!!!! I would love to say that I hung out with Justin and we had a meaningful conversation and now we totally chat online all the time, but no. Instead I was too shy to say anything to him, drank two beers whilst visually stalking him, and then I got sleepy and went home. I know - I am so cool. I did talk to his band guys, who were super nice and very talented. I also touched Justin's shirt with my elbow when he walked past. Many times.

Go HERE to download the podcast of the show I was at! DO IT.

2 comments:

tracie @ {tsj} photography said...

just have to stop in to tell you ...

1. i have that same paint on my walls!
2. i have that same laptop
3. i have that same office chair!!

i totally think we should be office mates! ;)

happy thursday!

amy said...

ha!