Thursday, June 17, 2010

bird



I'm not sure what this orchid is called, but we have had it for a few years, and this year it finally bloomed again. I never noticed the bird before though, and I have to say it took my breath away when I began to photograph it. I didn't see it until I looked through the lens - I guess I just needed a new perspective.

(UN)SUBCONSCIOUS
I've been having a lot of crazy dreams lately - lucid, epic, startling dreams. I often wake up with confusion over what my brain just put together, but the overwhelming feeling is fascination. Dreams. I have always been intrigued by the unconscious mind and the puzzles it presents or solves. During this pregnancy though, I have been spending my nights protecting Oprah from a stalker, having elicit affairs with the man who in reality is sleeping right next to me, giving birth to a Chinese baby who suddenly becomes a 9-year old as soon as I turn my back - those are the tame dreams though. I have already washed away the others with my morning shower.

SPEAKING OF DREAMS
I am finally taking steps to make my little business a real venture. I want to get things rolling now, before the baby comes, in the hope that the momentum will keep moving forward. I have a lot of inspiration and  solid plans, and I think the next step to make it a reality is to register my business name. Can you help me out? Should I choose:

marso
marso handmade
marso design
marso home

I am stepping away from "amy marcella" and going with a combination of my middle and last name "marcella soczka". I think this short and sweet version will carry over to a full product line eventually, what do you think?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Little One, I vote Marso Design.

Sarah Soczka said...

I like marso design the best.

amy said...

Thanks ladies! It is down to just plain "marso" or "marso design" now. Both are good because they can be applied to whatever I do in the future too...