Monday, December 8, 2008

knits for playtime


just your typical night here at the tom/amy house.

Last Friday I went to Lisa Congdon's opening at Paper Boat (really great), accompanied by the wonderful Ben and Natalie of Suddenly, It's Real! fame.
It was nothing short of a whirlwind night as we darted from Paper Boat to Armoury Gallery for an opening of "Milwaukee's Own", featuring several Milwaukee artists including our dear friend Katie Martin, whose army of styro-guys kicked up a ruckus.
All of the descriptive text is meant to take the place of all the photos I didn't take. I don't know why, but my camera is no longer attached to my arm and I just don't snap the pics like i used to. Later in life, I will wonder what happened after 2007.

One thing I do know, however, is that Santa came on my birthday, a whole month early, to give one gift for the price of two! my perfect chair:

womby, i will love you forever.

Also:

i need these knits for playtime.

and one more:

i love these pillows from McCall's Needlework and Crafts, winter 1964-1965.

2 comments:

Jan said...

Love that wall art hanging behind the two happy yarn winders in the top pic - is it printed or a needlepoint of some sort? Very cool!!

I think we all needs a knit suit like that - looks comfy!!

amy said...

it is a needlepoint! and they have more inside with patterns. I should research the artist. Isn't it interesting how the aesthetic and craft are so similar today?