Tuesday, July 8, 2008

milwaukee




Summer is, of course, my favorite time to live in Milwaukee. I have lived here for 11 years now, and I grew up about 20 miles from here, so I should be fully acclimated to winter. The thing is, each winter I forget how incredibly long the season can be. It's like a bad relationship: towards the end of winter I plot the many ways that I will leave Milwaukee. Will I leave a note? Will I just break it off cold turkey? Will we get back together several times, while all my friends remind me of why we broke up in the first place? But then summer comes, and I am in love again, and we hold hands, and go for bike rides, and the sun warms my heart and I can not figure out why I would ever leave. I love you, Milwaukee. For a few more months, you and i are meant to be.

4 comments:

Krissy | Paper Schmaper said...

gorgeous photos! love the one with the shadows in the water :)

Anonymous said...

Yay Miltown! It really is quite beautiful isn't it?

Unknown said...

i love you in milwaukee

amy said...

:)