Thursday, May 22, 2008


i am getting ready to fly the friendly skies and spend the weekend in NYC, visiting a wonderful friend. I met Karin in Italy in 2003 (i think?) when we both lived there. She came from Germany, and we ended up in the same Italian language class, where she excelled and I fumbled along. We spent several months at cafes and wandering around Turin and Rome and Florence, and I can hardly believe now that such sentences can come from my mouth, or fingers, or brain. But, yes, I was very fortunate to have been able to spend a good amount of time in Italy, and even more fortunate to have made a long-lasting friendship with such a great person. We manage to see each other every few years now that she is living in New York, and I can't wait to sit at a cafe with her and dish the dirt!
See you soon, Karin!

No comments: